Oakhurst Real Estate Market Update
1Q 2017 :: Brought to you by Nest Atlanta Real Estate Group
Welcome to the latest edition of the Oakhurst GA market update! After reviewing all the recent home sales stats, we just have one word — WOW!
Inventory is really, really low in Oakhurst, so that dramatically impacted the number of sales in the first quarter of 2017. The limited number of available homes did, however, push up the average sales price and cause many homes to sell well over the asking price. Get the full scoop on Oakhurst home sales below…
|Oakhurst Homes for Sale||New Homes in Oakhurst||30030 Real Estate for Sale|
|Newly Listed Homes in Oakhurst||City of Decatur Townhomes||Oakhurst Bungalows for Sale|
Overview of Oakhurst GA Real Estate Stats
- Between January and March, only 11 homes sold in Oakhurst Decatur. This is way down from the past 7 years. Usually about 16 homes sell in the first quarter of each year. The lower number of homes sold wasn’t due to lack of demand, just a serious shortage of real estate listings. At the time of this post, there are only 15 homes for sale in Oakhurst 30030 (and most are new construction).
- Thankfully one good thing did come out of having fewer home sales — it drove the average sales price up (again!). The average single family home sales price in Oakhurst was $598,209. This is decent spike in the average home sales price – up $17,000 from the same time last year (1Q 2016).
- Oakhurst home prices ranged from $348,000 to $980,000 in 1Q of 2017
- The median sales price was $600,000
- Almost 20% of the homes sold were new construction
- See all the Oakhurst listings that sold at the bottom of this report
ARE BUYERS STILL PAYING TOP DOLLAR IN CITY OF DECATUR?
- DEFINITELY! The average listing price to final sales price percentage was 100.7%, so buyers were paying almost 1.0% more than the asking price on average. The highest was almost 7% over the listing price. A whopping 72% sold OVER the asking price!
HOW FAST ARE HOMES SELLING?
- The resale homes (vs new construction) are selling quickly. Almost half sold in less than 2 weeks. The median number of days it took to sell a home was 21 days.
Homes Sold in Oakhurst
1/1/2017 – 3/31/2017 :: See all the latest real estate listings in Oakhurst Decatur >>
|826 S Mcdonough St||6||5||$999,900||$980,000||21|
|515 2nd Ave||4||5||$899,900||$899,900||131|
|131 Jefferson Pl||3||2.5||$774,444||$775,000||5|
|217 Underwood St||4||3.5||$739,000||$705,000||65|
|260 E Lake Dr||5||2.5||$649,000||$649,000||3|
|111 2nd Ave||4||2||$600,000||$600,000||136|
|734 Oakview Rd||3||2.5||$424,900||$424,900||1|
|261 Madison Ave||3||1||$443,000||$416,000||64|
|523 East Lake Dr||3||1||$359,000||$395,000||5|
|129 Mcclean St||3||1||$375,000||$387,500||1|
|150 Mcclean St||3||2||$325,000||$348,000||253|
Please note: This data used in Oakhurst GA real estate stats report was extracted from the Atlanta FMLS on April 18, 2017 and interpreted by Kerry Lucasse with eXp Realty. If you’re curious about your home’s value, click here for a complimentary report.
Brought to you by the Nest Atlanta Group at eXp Realty
Your Oakhurst neighbors and real estate specialists