Virginia Highland Real Estate Report
1Q 2017 (January – March) :: Brought to you by Nest Atlanta Group at eXp Realty
Virginia Highland continues to have a strong real estate market, even with the dramatic fluctuations in the average quarterly sales price. Below you’ll find all the details on the first quarter market les each year, including homes sold, current values and how long it takes to sell a home in the popular Atlanta neighborhood of Virginia Highlands. If you have any questions about the stats, please call anytime at 404.432.1844. Enjoy!
|Virginia Highland Homes for Sale||New Construction Homes||30306 Real Estate for Sale|
|Newly Listed Homes in VAHI||Virginia Highland Townhomes||Virginia Highland Bungalows|
Overview of VAHI Home Sales in 1Q 2017
VIRGINIA HIGHLAND HOME SALES
- Between January and March, 15 homes sold in Virginia Highlands. This is down 25% from the same time last year and about 15% less than the average of the last five years. The lower number of homes sold wasn’t due to lack of demand, just a shortage of real estate listings. At the time of this post, there are only 19 homes for sale in Virginia Highlands.
- The average single family home sales price was $768,377. This is another massive SPIKE in the average home sales price – up $96,000 from the same time last year (1Q 2015). Now before any of you start dancing a little jig, be sure to check out the following graph. You’ll see that the average sales price in the first quarter can vary dramatically.
- Virginia Highland home prices ranged from $495,000 to $1,300,000 in 1Q of 2017
- The median sales price was $738,000
- 20% of the homes sold for a million dollars or more. See all the VAHI homes that sold at the bottom of this report.
ARE BUYERS STILL PAYING TOP DOLLAR?
- Close to it, yes! The average listing price to final sales price percentage was 96.6%, so buyers were negotiating about 3.4% off the price. Just over 25% sold at or OVER the asking price!
HOW FAST ARE HOMES SELLING?
- The resale homes (vs new construction) are selling quickly. Almost half sold in less than 2 weeks. The median number of days it took to sell a home was 34 days.
Virginia Highland Home Sales
1/1/2017 – 3/31/2017 :: See all the latest real estate listings in Virginia Highland
|1167||Saint Louis Pl||3||3.5||$825,000||$825,000||3|
Please note: All data contained in this VAHI real estate market report was extracted from Atlanta FMLS on 4/11/2017 and interpreted by Kerry Lucasse with eXp Realty. Information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change. If you would like a list of recently sold homes in Virginia Highland (including photos), please call Kerry at 404-205-8800. We’d be happy to email you the report.